Pentemont Abbey, Paris

1,600.00

Our fine art reprint of an original 18th century floorpan designed for Abbaye de Panthemont (here in the old spelling) in the heart of Paris. The abbey had been build in 1672 for Cistercian nuns and was remodelled in 1745, period this plan is most likely to relate to. During the 18th century the convent was also one of the best educational institutes in Paris for the daughters of the aristocracy. Thomas Jefferson sent two of his daughters there. During the Revolution of 1789, the Abbey was confiscated and the beautiful neoclassical chapel chapel converted into a grain store. In 1844 however it became one of the first Protestant churches in Paris and still functions as such.

Framed size: H. 78.5 cm x W. 117.5 cm

Name *
Name